Sharing is caring. And caring is making some pull apart bread for you and your buddies. Cheese and garlic-butter are essential ingredients here but everything else is open to experimentation. We’ve opted for bacon, jalapenos and spring onions, but feel free to chuck whatever you want on there.
What you need:
200g cheddar cheese
150g grated mozzarella
4 cloves garlic
6 slices bacon
150g jalapenos peppers
5-6 spring onions
Large crusty loaf
What you need to do:
1. Put a pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
2. Dice up the garlic and pop it into the pan for a few minutes to take away the bitterness.
3. Cut slices into the bread, about 2-3cm apart, stopping about half way down. Rotate the bread 90-degrees and repeat so you end up with a criss-cross pattern.
4. Part the bread between the columns and pour in the garlic-infused butter.
5. Using the same pan that you used for the butter, cook the bacon over a medium heat until you’ve desired crispiness.
6. While the bacon cooks, stuff the bread with the cheese, jalapenos and spring onions.
7. Dice up the bacon and stuff it into the bread.
8. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Cook the bread for 20-25 minutes and serve.
Sharing is caring. And caring is making some pull apart bread for you and your buddies. Cheese and garlic-butter are essential ingredients but everything else is open to experimentation.