We’re going upmarket with this recipe. A restaurant calibre meal that you can easily put together during the week.
If you’re ever trying to impress your friends or are shooting for top marks on Come Dine With Me, make this your go-to recipe.
It's not always easy to turn out perfect fish. There's a fine line between tender and flaky and dry and rubbery. The use of parchment paper, however, is as foolproof a way of cooking perfect salmon as we've come across and really simple too. The addition of green beans, lemon and butter in the parchment packet help to keep the fish moist and perfumed, while the potatoes act as the ideal complementary side.
What you need:
150-200g portion salmon
1 lemon, sliced
100g green beans
500g Hasselback new potatoes
4 tbsp (2 knobs) butter
What you need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C (fan)/350°F/Gas 6.
2. Start by preparing the potatoes. Slice each potato at 3mm intervals, taking care not to cut all the way through.
3. Put all of the potatoes into a bowl and drizzle on a little oil. Add in some thyme and garlic and give them a good shake. Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray and pop them in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until they’re nice and crispy.
4. Now for the salmon. Take a sheet of parchment paper and fold it in half. On one half, add a few slices of lemon topped with the green beans and whatever seasoning you fancy. Lay the salmon fillet on top before adding the remaining slices of lemon and butter. Season again.
5. Fold the other half of the parchment paper over the top of the fish and fold in the edges, overlapping them as you go. When you’re done, it should look something like a Cornish pasty.
6. About 15 minutes before the potatoes are done, pop in the salmon.
7. Once cooked, transfer the salmon, lemon and beans to a plate with the potatoes and enjoy your fine dining!
Got any recipes you’d like us make, or maybe some ingredients you’d like to see us use? Let us know in the comments and we’ll rustle something up!
If you liked this recipe, please subscribe to our YouTube channel where you’ll find plenty more great recipes.
We’re going upmarket with this recipe. A restaurant calibre meal that you can easily put together during the week. If you’re ever trying to impress your friends or are shooting for top marks on Come Dine With Me, make this your go-to recipe.